Home Sweet Home

It has been a long time coming but we are finally settled in our apartment in Rohrmoser and are working on familiarizing ourselves with the area. We live just off of Final de Bulevard about two blocks from the American Embassy and two blocks from the President. It is a very quiet neighborhood with very friendly neighbors.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mail Doesn't Always Show Up In Your Box!

I had to laugh the other day when Bob, Jake, and I were out for a walk. Jake and I had been sitting at home waiting for Bob to get back from his....what was supposed to be about 20 minute.....walk when we realized that he had been gone MUCH LONGER than that. So Jake and I set out around our neighborhood looking for him.

Once we had exhausted all avenues he could have taken...and had not found him...we grabbed our tennis shoes and caught the bus,thinking he might have gone up to the park to take his walk. Jake sat on one side of the bus and I sat on the other and we both looked out the windows...searching for Bob.

I found him on my side, about half way to Sabana Park, sitting on a park bench in this little park by Plaza Mayor. We exited the bus and went to sit with Bob who was recovering from his really long walk. (He was moving from one park to the next...resting as he went).

After he was rested we headed home...the whole while looking for the next park to rest at. (Hopefully Bob's back will feel better soon.)

After the last park before we get home, we were walking down a back street when I saw our mailman on his motorcycle delivering mail to some ladies house....Now what you need to know is that we are about 6 plus blocks from home on the other main road....I start down the sidewalk and just as I pass him...there is a big bush between us...he turns and says..."Senora Dinsmore??". I, of course, stop and said "Si" at which point he reaches into his stack of mail...flips through several envelopes and.....hands us our mail!

I had to laugh because I know we stick out here...because of our pale complexion and light eyes...but really? Six plus blocks from home in the Pavas neighborhood??...Man is he good!

No comments:

Post a Comment