Home Sweet Home

It has been a long time coming but we are finally settled in our apartment in Rohrmoser and are working on familiarizing ourselves with the area. We live just off of Final de Bulevard about two blocks from the American Embassy and two blocks from the President. It is a very quiet neighborhood with very friendly neighbors.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where Have You Been?

Okay...maybe that should say where have I been but you get the gist of it! A lot of things have happened since I last wrote something on this blog....where should I start??????

Let's see.....Jake auditioned for a part in a play and got it and somehow or the other I ended up with a part in the play too! I played the mother, Madame LaEspanye and Jacob played the Bank teller, LeBon, who is accused of killing me and my daughter. The play was "Murders at the Rue Morgue" by Edgar Allen Poe and it played over Halloween weekend. It actually turned out to be a lot of fun!!

Let's see, what else???? Oh yeah, a man from England targeted us as a scam possibility but was unaware who he was dealing with. We spotted the scam quickly and tipped off the Fraud Department in England about the situation. I had a lot of information to give them including email addresses, regular addresses, and phone numbers that actually worked...I know this because I called the man and talked to him in person; hopefully they are able to do something about him. If a man named Dr. Kaito contacts you about an English teaching job in England for his Japanese family....contact the fraud department!

Then what.....Oh the big news! I have been offered, and accepted, a job teaching English to children between the ages of 3 and 10 in a language school in.....China! You heard me right....China! We will be flying to Beijing on the 30th of December where I will go through between 1 and 3 weeks of training on the schools program before our family is sent to the Anhui Province (pronounced on-wee), west of Shanghai, to the town of Hefei(pronounced hef-aye). We are provided with free furnished housing, and the school will do the paperwork for our residency, since you are required to apply for residency, by the Chinese government, if you plan on being there a while. This will prevent any need for Visa extensions and will allow us to travel freely around the country.

As I was writing this I realized that we will be leaving Costa Rica on December 30th exactly 6 months from when we arrived....how weird is that? We left the USA for Costa Rica on June 30th....strange. We will be in China for at least a year, the length of my contract, and possibly longer if we like it and my contract is extended.

So if any of my friends are wanting a guided tour of the Great Wall of China....give us a little time and we will be ready for your visit!

In a nut shell that caught you up on our lives so......what's new with you??

No comments:

Post a Comment