Home Sweet Home

It has been a long time coming but we are finally settled in our apartment in Rohrmoser and are working on familiarizing ourselves with the area. We live just off of Final de Bulevard about two blocks from the American Embassy and two blocks from the President. It is a very quiet neighborhood with very friendly neighbors.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

20th Anniversary Dinner

Well today is our 20th anniversary! Had a really nice, mellow day just laying around the house and taking a short bike ride before we decided to go out to eat. I couldn't decide if I wanted Italian or a steak so Bob said we would go to the Rohrmoser Mall and see what restaurants were there. He didn't care where we ate because they both sounded good.

When we got to the mall there was a BBQ place that served steaks and ribs so we decided to eat there. The chicken was caliente (hot) so Jacob passed and ordered what he called the best steak he has ever had! Bob and I decided to share a 2 person mixed platter (and brought half of it home it was sooooooo big)......

Side bar:.....Angie, you will love that place!

......which included BBG ribs, chicken, seasoned pieces of steak and some sort of teriyaki steak strips, along with corn on the cob, coleslaw, some sort of vinegar banana shaped thing, and some other type of root plant that was to die for!

Jacob had a salad with his steak that was really good even though it had a bit of a bite to it because of the dressing and a baked potato with.......are you ready for this and it was actually delicious......tartar sauce on it. You heard me right....tartar sauce.....delicious!!!

Then the waiter brought us all icecream (again...Angie you will love their icecream too) that was a combination of the best vanilla I've ever had (not really a vanilla girl and the container I've already bought here was not that good)and raspberry. Yum Yum!!

And then to top the evening off, when the waiter heard we had been married for 20 years, and after he told Bob he deserved a shot of tequilla for being married so long (wait....he didn't offer me one for being married so long.....hmmmmm....maybe he was saying it in a congratulatory way?) he actually came out with two shots of tequilla....one for Bob and one for me.

Okay....I have to admit that it has been YEARS since I did a shot of anything, and I wasn't sure how it would go but.....It was the best shot of tequilla I have ever had! Remember that strange baked potato and tartar sauce combination I just told you about? (And no.....there was no tartar sauce in the tequilla....silly you!) Well the tequilla shot had tequilla on the bottom, then some sort of coffee liquer in the middle and then a whipped cream layer on top. I don't like coffee but WOW! That shot was fantastic....and I only had one so stop staring at me so strange! LOL

Again it was a wonderful anniversary and I look forward to.....hmmmmm....how old is Bob? I look forward to 50 more years together! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow... 20 years! Congratulations girl! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete