Home Sweet Home

It has been a long time coming but we are finally settled in our apartment in Rohrmoser and are working on familiarizing ourselves with the area. We live just off of Final de Bulevard about two blocks from the American Embassy and two blocks from the President. It is a very quiet neighborhood with very friendly neighbors.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lazy Weekend

Okay...so I probably could have done more than I did this weekend but......didn't really feel like it!

After having a very horrible conversation with someone I considered a very dear friend, I decided to just hang out and do nothing. And by nothing, I mean read two books, both of which were great. I finished up Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich....I love her Stephanie Plum series....and then I read Water For Elephants. That is one of the best books I have read in a long time. Ironically, the person that I considered a very dear friend with whom I had the horrible conversation with, is the one who told me what a great book it was. So while I don't think I will be thanking her any time soon for our "conversation"...I will definitetly thank her for suggesting the book! Thank you!

Bob, Jake, and I just hung out around the apartment, or took long bike rides checking out the neighborhood. During one of our ventures out we found the post office which is about a block past the grocery store which is two blocks over from our apartment, and we also found out that our bank has a branch that sits across the street and down one building from the grocery store. The more we look around, the closer everything is. We love that!

It is so nice to just hang out together and lay around the house reading. Of course, starting tomorrow things get busy again.

We have to go to the post office to get the stamps we need to send the last three papers we need authenticated to Washington DC. We need the postage for the return envelope that has to have the postage on it for them to mail it back to us. Then we have to go to Fed EX to mail all the papers to Washington DC, and then we are going to go walk around San Jose. We have been wanting to visit Teatro Nacional which is the pride and join of San Jose and maybe we will even eat at Cafe del Teatro Nacional which is known for its excellent salads, snacks, desserts, and specialty coffees. (Definitely on a short list of places to take Julie when she comes to visit with her family!)

I have also been wanting to go to the Mercado Central, which is the cities best market, with over two hundred stalls that sell everything from old kitchen utensils, to sadle bags, to fresh fish, to coffee, to spices by the kilo, to religious relics. The market dates back to 1881. I may even take my camera with me to get some pictures!

I am looking forward to spending the day with my husband and my son and enjoying the local life in Costa Rica. Hopefully the business end of what we need to do won't take forever and we can enjoy the day together! I'll blog about our day tomorrow!

I hope all of my friends have a wonderful week. We will be thinking about you often!

No comments:

Post a Comment